Saturday, August 2, 2008

How I got into Microfinance (MF)?

Like most of my class mates I was looking for an empirical study topic (obviously someone who would agree to guide me) and was confused. In the meanwhile I happen to meet Mr. Anantharaman Mani, CTO Heymath.

During our initial discussions he suggested Microfinance, and my immediate reaction was oh yes I have heard about it… but initially all I knew about MF was that deals with financing the poor people, who have not been benefited by conventional financing methods. I knew very little about the potential of Microfinance about the way it has transformed lives of millions of people across the globe. Without knowing much I agreed on the topic, Ananth gave me another week to do some research and then decide the research topic.

After a week of research & guidance from Ananth I came up with a small write up about the topic. He agreed to Guide me & I got married to Microfinance for at least a year now.

Despite his busy schedule Ananth is all excited to guide me & some of my friends on different topics. Thanks Ananth!

No comments: